Friday, July 31, 2009

My Voice Cannot Contradict Who I Am

I deeply appreciate my voice, my very own spoken cosmic signature, as unique as my fingerprints. Breath and sound share a sacred duty and space in my being, requiring that I inspire and fill myself with life before my voice is guaranteed safe passage and expression.



Guardian of my deepest truths, with a clairvoyant, intuitive knowledge of my heart, my voice cannot contradict who I am.

My voice is pure white before passing through the prism of my emotions and life experiences, transforming into unlimited hues and textures, audible conduits for spirit. Infectious outbursts of uncontrollable laughter, the excruciating utterances of childbirth, and the exquisite murmurings of deep intimate pleasure all splash colors of my soul on to the soundscape of my life.

I am grateful to my voice for embarking on a hero’s journey through uncharted territories in unformed lands, focused on its own particular destination, its own holy grail. There are moments when it must carry a sword, making direct and bold declarations in the face of formidable foes. Times when my voice must cry, long and mournfully, over precious lost treasures and failed quests. Periods when it must simply be silent, patiently waiting.

The hero’s homecoming for my voice happens in a miraculous moment, when having filled itself as a vessel full to the brim with vast amounts of hopeful energy and proclamations of life’s beauty, it sings, relaxed and perfectly balanced, a melody of absolute knowing that rises, taking hearts with it, all the way to the gates of Heaven.

“Love is looking at life and then singing it, on your note, no one else’s, whole unto yourself.” Bentley Kalaway

top photo credit eerie777
end photo credit rinchendawa

Copyright © Bentley Kalaway 2009
Bentley Kalaway Music

No comments: