Friday, July 17, 2009

Taming the Ocean's Shadow















I will not pretend to be powerless, hiding incognito under a desk in my inner room, feeding my treasures to a calico grindstone, reducing them to dust.

I will release myself back into the wild and swim against the fierce undertow, run counter to the ways of the world. No current of criticism, no dark force of ridicule, within or without will consume even one of my delicate water lilies beginning to bloom. No cruel ocean roar will muffle this choir of emerging sound.

As I accept and nurture my innocent creations, my valid voice will burst through and tame the ocean’s shadow. My own creative surge will carry me out to meet liquid clarity and my inner knowing will return to shore, more powerful and pure.

Copyright © Bentley Kalaway 2006

No comments: